- Boards & Commissions
- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Contact Us
Having fun, meeting your neighbors and making new friends is what living in the Town of Central is all about. Throughout the year, the Town of Central Parks and Recreation Departments offers a variety of programs to all our citizens.
Whether it is a local festival for all ages, an athletic camp for school age children or volunteer opportunities for our local seniors, there is something for everyone.
We offer youth sports for children ages 5-17 including Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, Football and Cheerleading. The Baseball, Basketball, and Softball programs are in cooperation with Clemson Parks and Recreation.
Kevin Schmidt, Athletic Director
Winter 2020- Youth Basketball Registration
To Register- CLICK HERE
Central/Clemson Winter 2020 Youth Basketball Information
Registration for all ages: October 1 – October 18 (or when player limit is reached).
Player Divisions are as follows:
- Age cut-off date: All league ages are based on a cut-off date of September 1, 2019.
- 6 & under Co-ed (6U), 8 & under Boys & Girls (8U), 10 & under Boys & Girls (10U), 12 & under Boys & Girls (12U), 14 & under Boys (14U), 17 & under Boys (17U)
- Volunteer Coaches are needed for all age divisions- Sign up to coach when registering child online.
- Residency: If you do not reside in the Central –Clemson Boundary area, then you may not be eligible for ALL Star play.
- $30 Clemson/Central City Residents
- $45 Non-Residents (living outside the Central/Clemson city limits)
- $60 Clemson/Central City Residents
- $75 Non-Residents (living outside the Central/Clemson city limits)
Click HERE to download 2020 Youth Basketball Information.
Click HERE to download Coach information.
Central-Clemson Indoor Recreation Center
Click here to visit the Central-Clemson Indoor Recreation Center website.
Grand Central Station Disc Golf Course
The Grand Central Station Disc Golf Course was officially opened May 18, 2012. The course, which was designed by Central resident Bryan Schaupp, is currently the longest public disc golf course in South Carolina. The disc course is spread out over 28 acres and features a variety of terrain from open fields to tight wooded fairways, to beautiful creek bottoms where streams meander through the course. The Disc Golf Course is located at 270 Sanders Road in Central. Directions are to travel Church Street off Hwy 93 towards Wal-Mart. At Jerry’s Pizza, turn right on to Old Shirley Road and follow the green signs to the course. The course is open Monday-Sunday from 8am-sundown. The course will occasionally be closed for tournaments and special events. Full completion of the course is expected in early September in preparations for a professional disc golf tournament Sept. 28-30. For more information on local disc golf tournaments, go to www.upstatediscgolfclub.com.