New Resident Resources

Welcome to the Town of Central.  Life here is enhanced by the preservation of our local history and the enjoyment of today.  Our community combines agriculture, industry, history, civic activities, recreation and countless other events for a wholesome and fulfilled lifestyle, making it an ideal place to raise a family and grow your business.

The following information should help ease the transition of moving into the area for new residents.

Electric Services

Click here for information on Duke Power Services

Click here for information on Blue Ridge Services

Sanitation Services

The town provides sanitation to all residents living inside town limits.  A roll cart is provided for each customer.  The sanitation department will be picked up one time a week for all residential customers.  We also provide sanitation for customers outside town limits if customer is within the route. Outside town limit customers must buy a roll cart from us that are compatible with our truck.  The cost of the roll cart is $64.38.  Listed below is the schedule for pick up and the fees for the service. All trash to be removed must be inside the roll cart.  If you have items that do not fit into the roll cart such as furniture, bagged leaves, or brush please contact town hall and have them to submit a work order for a pick up.  Recycling is offered for all customers inside town limits free of charge. If you do not have a recycle bin and are interested in recycling please call town hall at 639-6381 and ask for a recycle bin.

Water Utilities

The Town of Central provides water, sewer, and sanitation for the citizens of Central. To obtain service customer must provide a valid social security number and a picture ID.  The social security number will have to be the actual card or a legal document with the customer’s name and social security number.  This will be verified at the time of service.  The customer has to fill out the utility service agreement and pay a connection fee.  The connection fee is $85.00 for inside town limits and $135.00 for outside town limits.  Our office is open 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. The Town of Central accepts cash, check, visa, master card, and discover for utility payments. We also offer bank draft.

Chamber of Commerce

Home Securities

ADT Security

Assisted Living Guide


New Housing 


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit

Where do I go to vote?

All City elections are conducted by the Town of Central please visit the elections page for locations and upcoming election information.