- Boards & Commissions
- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Contact Us
PART-TIME CHIEF MUNICIPAL JUDGE
Adjudicate misdemeanor criminal, traffic and town violations. Preside over initial appearances, arraignments, jury and non‐jury trials and sentencings. Research, explain and apply laws, rules and regulations. Administer court policies, procedures and practices. Responsible for applying relevant South Carolina Court Rules, state statutes, town ordinances, etc. when presiding over trials to the court, trials to the jury, arraignments, etc. Also responsible for imposing sentences commensurate to the offense and within the parameters allowed by law. Review requests for continuances; grant or deny requests. Provide on-call duty for the Town of Central.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Previous court experience is desirable;
- Required to complete training program and pass a certification examination, within one year of taking office, and a recertification examination every eight years thereafter; and
- Must successfully complete annual training as required by SC Court Administration; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
$450.00 Monthly hours vary.
To apply please download application from the link below:
The Town of Central does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.